Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Printers and Development

I had trouble finding printers that would print a small number of magazines to the requirements I was after. Most printers needed a minimum order of about 500 to 1000 and as my print run wasn't going to be that big it wasn't that necessary. After more research and speaking to printers pronta print could print my magazine digitally with 130gsm glossy double sided full colour inserts with a 250gsm glossy double sided full colour cover for £50 for five. This was the best offer i had so far and was a short turn around so could still bide my time. 

I later found mag cloud that could do everything I needed icluding a perfect bind and give my magazine a web precence and the opportunity to have it available to be downloaded onto ipads. As a result I went with this method and am thoroughly pleased with the result and quality of the magazine.   

No comments: